In 2016, we purchased Rigg Mooney Monuments in Niagara Falls. The former Rigg Mooney building on Queen St. has been completely renovated and updated, and our existing Niagara Falls office relocated to this freshly transformed space in March 2017.seven Kirkpatrick Stoneworks History





KIRKPATRICK STONEWORKS HISTORY

Creating memorials of lasting beauty in Southern Ontario since 1929

From Modest Beginnings…

OUR HISTORY

Leslie Alexander Kirkpatrick was apprenticed to his stonemason uncle who emigrated from Scotland at the turn of the 20th century. Leslie eventually migrated to Welland, where he met and married widow, Beatrice (Misener) O'Brine. In 1929 he started L.A. Kirkpatrick and son in a tiny shop in Fonthill with his then 14-year-old stepson Earle. Many a tale was told about taking potatoes and other goods in exchange for monuments in the lean years of the Great Depression.

Throughout the years, numerous changes took place. A new shop was built in the 50’s next to Fonthill cemetery and "Double Process Carving" and "Steel Shot Sandblasting" were introduced - first time in this area. This process, still used today, produces clearer, sharper lettering and designs, using no paint. In 1964, responding to growing demand further to the west, the Dunnville office was opened. Some years later, Earle's son and son-in-law joined the firm and an equipment modernization program began. The late 70’s and early 80’s saw the acquisition of two businesses from long-time friends and competitors in Welland and St. Catharines and a new office opened in Niagara Falls. In 1987, Monu-cad, an industry specific computer assisted design system was introduced, the first of its kind in Canada and only second in the world. This system, still used today, allows us to show families a scaled drawing of exactly what they are getting before any work was done.

The new millennium saw some changes. In 2001, employee, Mike Law purchased the firm from the retiring owners. Having been with the company since 1994, Mike quite easily segued from labourer to facilitator to owner. At this time, the company's name was simplified to Kirkpatrick Monuments. In 2009, an office was opened in Fort Erie, and a natural stone and quartz counter top operation began in the Fonthill facility. In 2010 Bradfield Monuments in Simcoe, Ontario was purchased, bringing the total locations to seven. In 2014 we further diversified by supplying Wilbert Burial Vaults to selected funeral homes in our area. In 2016, we purchased Rigg Mooney Monuments in Niagara Falls. The former Rigg Mooney building on Queen St. has been completely renovated and updated, and our existing Niagara Falls office relocated to this freshly transformed space in March 2017. In April 2017, we further expanded by purchasing Barber Monuments in St. Catharines.

Serving our communities since 1929 has been an honour and a privilege. We thank all of the families who have put their trust and confidence in us and welcome the opportunity to serve those who need us.

"KIRKPATRICK IS FOUNDED ON QUALITY,
CRAFTSMANSHIP AND EXPERIENCE."

In 2001, Mike Law became owner of Kirkpatrick Stoneworks.

Through ongoing expansion, along with his team, Kirkpatrick continues to provide premiere products and services in the same way the original founders intended.

Mike Law

INTRODUCTION TO KIRKPATRICK

Quality, Design, Craftsmanship and Honest Value...Guaranteed.
At Kirkpatrick we strive to create a memory that lasts.
Your family legacy is built to stand the test of time.
Questions? Please call to schedule an appointment.

Manufacturing Facility Only

23 Highland Avenue, Fonthill L0S 1E0
Phone: 905-892-3061  |  Fax: 905-892-0939
Get Directions

8412 Hwy. #3 RR# 5, Dunnville ON N1A 2W4
Phone: 905-774-6521  |  Fax: 905-774-6521
Get Directions

Bradfield Monuments (div. of Kirkpatrick)
333 Queensway West, Simcoe, ON N3Y 2M9
Phone: 519-426-4817  |  Fax: 519-426-8200
Get Directions

1051 Niagara Street, Welland ON L3C 1M5
Phone: 905-732-6752  |  Fax: 905-732-6534
Get Directions

4605 Queen Street, Niagara Falls, L2E 2L7
Phone: 905-357-5800  |  Fax: 905-357-2236
(Previously Rigg Mooney Monuments)
Get Directions

432 Queenston Street St. Catharines L2P 2Y2
Phone: 905-682-3862  |  Fax: 905-682-3665
Get Directions

1267 Garrison Road, Fort Erie L2A 1P2
Phone: 905-871-5558  |  Fax: 905-871-5558
Get Directions

CONTACT US

KIRKPATRICK STONEWORKS

Quality craftsmanship, experience and superior customer support.

Helping families express their love, respect and honour into memorials of lasting beauty since 1929.

HEAD OFFICE

Manufacturing Facility Only
23 Highland Avenue, 
Fonthill, Ontario L0S 1E0
Phone: 905-892-3061

COUNTERTOP DIVISION

Did you know Kirkpatrick Stoneworks also specializes in Granite Countertops?
Call 905-892-4656